So for this weeks Learn Something New Monday I’m going to be talking about how to have a productive study session!
Exams are right around the corner for me so I’m knee deep in books and revision and sometimes it feels like I’m not getting anywhere! However I do believe there are somethings you can do to make that study session feel productive and give you more time to relax.
Productivity & Quality
I’m going to list five of my tried and tested ways of keeping focused and getting quality work done!
- Set deadlines. Decide when you are going to start work, when you are going to finish and when you are going to have breaks. As well as this, when you have decided to finish work for the day, forget about it and clear your mind until tomorrow.
- Tea. and lots of it. Basically your favourite beverage, apart from alcohol, not sure this will help with the studying. Staying hydrated in general is key for brain function when trying to learn and revise, so keep drinking!
- Find Your Happy Place. Find your spot where you work best. Now this changes for me, sometimes I need absolute quiet in order to concentrate. Other times, I like a bit of background noise, a little music maybe. Sometimes I need to be at a desk, other times I can cosy up in bed and work. It depends on the type of work I’m doing too. Work out what is best for me, trust yourself too, if you feel like doing something, thats probably what you need to do.
- Plan. Decide what you’re going to do when before you do it. This makes sure you can go into a study session ready and knowing what you are doing, so you don’t waste time.
- Be Kind to Yourself. Lastly and maybe the most important, be kind you yourself. You can only do what you can do and beating yourself up for having a break isn’t going to change that. Take breaks, treat yourself and stay focused on the end goal. If you work hard now, whatever the result you will know you did your best.
How Do You Study?
And that’s my five! There are probably more you can think of, so please drop them down in the comments below to help each other out!
Peace & Love ✌️